Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Poetry's Vocabulary 2

Tone:roughly equivalent to the mood it creates in the reader
He could kill you
To show that he really mean to do something to you by words

Personification: the act of attributing human characteristics to abstract ideas
My computer throws a fit every time I try to use it.
To tell the reader that your action compare with object,humans characteristics.Describe somethings that is act.

Rhythm:Movement sound in poem or music.
if i were a boy
i would drink soy
with a my toy
I used rhythm in a poem to attract a reader with the same rhythm at the end.

Rhyme:a piece of poetry,be similar in sound.identity in sound of some part, especially the end, of words.
brain and gain.
pledge and ledge.
flower and power.
mass and pass and glass and grass.
I used rhyme because to tell a relationship between 2 things, and what the meaning is.With a similar sound at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment